Makeup has always been a challenge for me! I have my few looks that I by habit always do but I wanted to try something new. A look that I’ve been thinking about for awhile is the Lorde look from the Royals Video.
The bold wings she has seem to be a look most everyone can pull off because of how soft and pretty they are. I have small eyes so the winged look usually disappears on me, but with the way the color frames her eyes I figured it was something I could make-work even on me!
(The clouds mored so the light is softer in these photos than the first ones..)
– I started out with a clean base by using Maybelline Dream Liquid mousse Light 5
– Then a light powder sweep using Clinique perfectly real compact makeup Shade 120 (N)
– I used black eyeliner on my top lash line Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on eye pencil Zero
– Put mascara on to get an idea of where my lashes were going to hit with Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme 01 Extreme Black
– Then using my eyeliner I made the outline of the wing going up, another almost parallel to my upper lashes and then slightly filled in lines
– By taking an angled eyeliner brush I used Urban Decay Oil Slick black eye shadow to soften the lines
– To soften the look more I applied some neutral shimmer eye shadow Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy Rides Again
– Keeping the look soft I used Estee Lauders Pure Color Blush 02 Pink Kiss a pink and girly blush
– And lastly to finish off the look I used Maybelline’s Baby Lips 25- Pink Punch lip balm
I’m envious of her carefree hair! I usually have a little more curl to my hair but it was day two of my washing cycle. Plus if you know anything about curly hair you know the is no way of knowing how your hairs going to look. I used Batiste dry shampoo original on my bangs to give them some volume.
Where do you get your makeup inspiration?